|Home > Departments >Agricultural Botany|
The division of botany was established in 1905. Professor G. Marshall Woodrow was the first lecturer appointed to teach the subject of Agricultural Botany. Dr. W. Burns was appointed as first Head of Botany Section. Post graduate teaching in the subject of Plant Breeding and Plant Physiology was initiated in 1948.The division is housed on the first floor of main building with four laboratories viz., Genetics, Plant Breeding, Plant Physiology and Seed Technology. The division has a separate farm of 5.0 hectare for conducting post graduate research and seed production.